Hello everyone. Have exams coming up? I do- 12
amazing exams! I honestly can't wait to get them over with. As you all know along with exams comes exam revision stress and for me and I guess everyone else I want to make my revision as effective as possible. I have some tips- which really help me- to share with you all:
- Colour Coding: This helps seperate certain types of information. For example, for English I have a different colour for meanings, structure and language devices.
- Mind Maps: I absolutely love mind maps. A couple of days before the exam I will jot down everything I know and it really helps the information stick to my brain.
- Highlighting: Highlighting important things will make them stand out to your brain so you will remember them most.
- Que Cards: You can carry these around with you aqnd test yourself on the go. They really help because they are in short bursts of information- which your brain will remember much easier than massive paragraphs.
- Post it Notes: These things you can stick anywhere- on your bathroom mirror, your bedroom wall anywhere! You can even put case studies on them and stick them on your book. You can even go all out like me and get multicoloured sticki notes.
- Diagrams: These little things will help if you are a visual learner as they will stick much easier in your mind.
- Revision Books: These are life savers for me, especially for science. Since they are written by the exam board they have all the information and content you need to succeed.
- Songs: If anyone is with OCR 21st Century Science and have done P1 and listened to the science song- you probably know what I am talking about. It will be stuck in your head forever. Just go on YouTube and search what you need; it will most likely come up and if it doesn't make your own!
- Talking: My favourite one. I talk what I am reading and or writing and I'm surprised at how quickly I remember it. Mind you it does look like I am having a conversation with myself.
- MAKE A TIMETABLE! this is very important so you will be revising for each subject equally. It will also halp you stay on top of things.
Have anymore tips? Please leave them below; always looking for more effective ways to study!
Oh and since it is exam season I will not be posting as frequently- as you can tell by the lack of posts. What can I say- revision has dragged me down.